Ideas and debates for good governance in Africa.

Friday, March 13, 2009

TRUST IS BURDEN

TRUST IS BURDEN
I received Ashaka’s call sometimes on Monday last week on my way back to Gombe from Abuja. That was the first time we had telephone conversation with him. I was the one who earlier sent him a sms telling him that I was passing briefly through Jos that day. On that day I could remember Saleh told me that someone has posted something on the man with 86 wives but I should not respond to him. I told him it was George Omonya because I read George’s earlier write up on the issue, which I responded rather harshly. I promised him I won’t respond instead I’ll advice that the chapter be closed. That decision was supported by some members and I was happy. Unfortunately, other members continued to bring up the matter repeatedly.
The whole idea of establishing writers forum was to establish a forum for marketing ideas, criticisms for, not only enlightening members, but for the promotion of democracy, good governance and to encourage leaders especially in this part of the country to live up to expectation by planning and executing projects that will help our people out of their present predicament.
However, this morning I received a sms from no other person but my friend Saleh Ashaka which read thus; ‘I hv asked d chairman to block my subscription from now on’ he went further to explain that ‘d people r nt serious n I know why I asked people not to talk abt Masaba issue’. I was unable to visit my mail box for almost 24 hours because I was out, but I know from the tone of the sms my friend was not happy with the way members continued talking about the Masaba’s issue.
Chairman will not block your subscription Mallam Saleh and from now henceforth anybody who talks about this issue will be blocked. Let’s try to bring order to the group. We cannot continue talking about attaining good governance and that we want to see order in our affairs but fail to do so in a small group like the Trust Writers with just 300 members. Let us not carry our ‘Nigerian hang over’ to this group. Even if in our daily lives we fail to attain that word ‘order’, which is the genesis of our problem in this country, let us try for once have the feeling of being members of an organized group.
Trust Writers I believe is a group of disciplined, matured and intellectual individuals who act with conviction and reasoning. If we can’t have order in this group then we have failed and indeed failed in our quest for making our country great. TRUST IS BURDEN let us uphold it and remain committed group. Thank you and God bless.
Yours truly,
Kabiru Danladi,
Lawanti Village, KM25, Along Gombe-Bauchi Road,
Akko LGA,
Gombe State.
Kblondon2003@yahoo.com
08054546764, 08035150369

No comments:

Post a Comment