Ideas and debates for good governance in Africa.

Friday, March 13, 2009

I Still Love Her

I Still Love Her
Nana I am a guy of thirty and seriously in love with a girl I met only once. All our conversations were done first on the net, and later she sent me her number. I wish she is reading this.
It is a kind of mistake that most men do. We are too eager to pronounce our feelings and I think that was exactly what happened between me and Aunty Ha. The first day we spoke on fon we were all nervous. But later we became relaxed and we talked about our likes and dislikes, what she wants in a man and so on. Sometimes we even talk during night calls and it was very interesting and sweet, I liked it. She is very good in keeping someone happy when she talks.
The first mistake I made was to insist on seeing her. She told me there was no need for that. But I insisted. She reminded me that is better we continue the way we started, that is, online friendship. She told me how ugly she was and I’d run if I see her – bla bla...ladies talk. But I know she was joking. My other problem was I am too temperamental; I get pissed off on slight things that I can overlook.
The first day we met she did not hide her disappointment. It was not what she expected. She was expecting to see a huge, big broad shoulders man; a description of a handsome man in novels - 007. And you know ladies of today, since I told her I am working, she was expecting to see me in a big car holding three or four handsets depending on GSM providers available in town.
That was the beginning of the end of our relationship. If I call her numbers she won’t pick my call or would allow it to be reading without answering it. She stopped replying my SMS.
Sincerely speaking I was also disappointed, not by her physical appearance but by her intellectual capacity. She is intelligent no doubt after finishing from a prestigious University in Nigeria, but her thinking is very myopic. She does not think beyond her nose.
My problem, Nana is that, I still love her and it takes a great courage from me every single day to resist calling her numbers. In fact, I have to write them on a sheet of paper and put them in the inner pocket of my wallet and delete them from my fon memory altogether to avoid the temptation of calling her. How I wish she will make the first move. One other problem is that we are separated by hundreds of kilometers.
Should I forget her and look for another girl or continue waiting for her to make the first move? Please advice me.
Kabir

No comments:

Post a Comment